You are here:Home/Company Employment Opportunities
Nadcap & CQI-9 Compliance Made Easy
Employment Opportunities Advertising
The cost is $150.00 USD per month for a minimum of two months. Payment can be made by Visa or Check. Opportunities should be in the form of a “Word” document and e-mailed to email@example.com All “Employment Opportunity” ads can include your company logo and will automatically appear both on the website and in the monthly newsletter “The Monty”.
FPM Heat Treating was founded in 1979 on the vision of providing unsurpassed service and quality heat treating to the manufacturing community. We are one of the largest independent commercial heat treaters in the Greater Midwest Region.
Job Title: Quality Control Manager
Department: Milwaukee, WI – Quality Department
Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Reports to: Bob Ferry VP Quality & Rich Weber General Manager FPM-Milwaukee
FLSA: Exempt – Salaried
Rate of Pay: Based on quality assurance knowledge and heat treating experience
Characteristics: High energy, results oriented individual with good communication skills. Works well in a team environment and has a customer focus.
Job Description: Plans, coordinates and directs the quality management system designed to ensure continuous improvement and flow of product consistent with established ISO 9001 standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following: Well versed in Quality Management Systems specifically ISO 9001 and maintains all Quality System Documentation. Communicate well with Customers and is lead person on quality audits. Collects and analyzes data using statistical methods and product specifications to determine conformance with standards and propose continuous improvement. Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with site managers to maximize product quality and minimize costs. Supervises employees engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure good control over inspection materials, facilities and customer products. Leads continuous improvement efforts to improve product quality and reduce costs. Investigates all customer complaints regarding quality. Utilizes 8-D or 5-Why methodology to drive to Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action. Initiates and manages APQP and PPAP submission programs. Develops and implements training plans to cross train and upgrade associate skills. Maintains the Quality System on site with monthly reporting of Quality Metrics Analysis for Continuous Improvement.
Education and/or experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgy or Materials Science and has accredited Quality Training. 3-5 years’ experience in maintaining a complete Quality System.
Other skills and abilities: ASQ Certified Auditor or Certified Quality Engineer Preferred. Fundamental understanding of Heat Treatment. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross functionally. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word. Be self-motivated, detail oriented and possess good verbal and written Communication Skills.
METHOD OF APPLICATION. Submit resume with salary history to Robert Knorrek, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. FPM Heat Treating. Corporate Headquarters. 1501 South Lively Blvd. Elk Grove Village, IL 60007. Phone: (847) 228-2525. Fax: (847) 228-5912.
Item # O352
Senior Applications Engineer
Job Title: Senior Applications Engineer. Worldwide supplier of industrial furnace equipment located in the Great Lakes region (USA) is seeking an experienced Senior Applications Engineer to become a part of our team. Responsibilities:
• Size Continuous and Batch Heat Treating Furnace systems and companion equipment
• Estimate mechanical, electrical and programming, and process engineering design hours.
• Estimate steel fabrication labor and materials required for manufacturing and assembly
• Estimate heat resistant alloy components for high temperature applications
• Estimate refractory labor and materials for thermal insulation systems
• Estimate convection heating and recirculation systems for heating and process uniformity
• Estimate gas and electric heating and cooling systems, sizing components and assembly labor
• Estimate conveyors and mechanical drive systems and assembly labor hours
• Estimate process control systems for automation, temperature, combustion, atmosphere, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems with control panels and assembly labor
• Prepare proposal documents and drawings for sales and customer
• Prepare monthly sales reports
• Process order entries into computer database to establish budgets
• Report estimated cost to actual cost to manufacture and maintain standard equipment pricing
• 4 year degree and/or 5 years of heat treating work experience preferred.
Compensation includes a full benefits package, competitive wages and bonus package. Send letter of interest/resume/CV to: email@example.com
Item # O351
Technical Sale Associate
Major manufacturer of industrial heat treating equipment, located in the Great Lakes area (USA), is interested in candidates for long-term career opportunities in the capital equipment sector. Currently seeking candidates for the following:
Technical Sales – We are seeking a Technical Sales Associate to become a part of our team to answer queries, provide pre-and post-sales technical advice and support our products.
• Provide support to the Sales and Application Engineering Group as well as to advance the development of new technology.
• Evaluate modular products with the group.
• Manage the transfer of technical information to our international licensees.
• Assist engineering and service with technical problems.
• Identify and establish new business
• Organize sales visits
• Connect with existing customers
• Prepare proposals and quotations
• Negotiate contracts, terms and conditions
• Review cost and sales performance
• Provide product education and advice
• Attend trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings
• Ensure that sales targets are met
• Conform to all policies & procedures within the company.
• Travel domestically and internationally as required to support new equipment sales activity.
• Interface with Sales Reps and Partners as required.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Engineering degree BSME, thermal minor preferred or comparable experience in industrial capital equipment sales
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints
• Strong computer skills
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Compensation includes a full benefits package, competitive wages and bonus package.
General Manager of Commercial Heat Treating Business
General Manager of Commercial Heat Treating Business. Job Description:
– Full responsibility and authority for the successful operation of all functions of the business.
– Fluent in: heat treating, quality, developing and motivating people, safety / environmental, equipment, developing / executing strategic plans, managing P&L / Cash Flow, customer relations and concise report writing.
– Report to President (senior officer)
– Support from group engineer, accountant, finance, legal and Board of Directors
This is an opportunity to be as close to your own boss as you can get without taking the personal risk of starting your own company. Salary / Bonuses / Stock Options / Benefits commensurate with the position and performance.
Vesco-McLaughlin located in East Windsor, CT and McLaughlin Services located in Avilla, IN are looking to expand and hire people in the industry with any of the following experience:
• Hot Zone Design
• Vacuum and Atmosphere Furnace Design
• Vacuum and Atmosphere Furnace Service Experience
• Vacuum and Atmosphere Furnace Manufacturing Experience
• Electrical and Controls Experience