The cost is $150.00 USD per month for a minimum of two months. Payment can be made by Visa or Check. Opportunities should be in the form of a “Word” document and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org All “Employment Opportunity” ads can include your company logo and will automatically appear both on the website and in the monthly newsletter “The Monty”.
Process Heat Treat Metallurgist Wanted. Oerlikon Fairfield has an opening for a process metallurgist in our Lafayette, IN facility.
Oerlikon Drive Systems, with its brands Oerlikon Graziano and Oerlikon Fairfield, is a leading provider of gear, drive and shifting solutions. We are a global manufacturer with 10 manufacturing locations in Italy, China, US and India, and over 5000 employees. Oerlikon Drive Systems’ products are used in a wide range of applications to operate machinery and equipment for agriculture, construction, energy and mining, and transportation. Our product portfolio includes solutions from 4,000,000 Nm output drives used with self-elevating marine platforms to the latest technology with dual clutch and continuously variable transmissions. Excellent manufacturing, engineering and innovative expertise have made both the brands the “Global drive systems supplier of high-tech solutions in all mobility markets,” for over 90 years.
Position responsibilities include:
Manage, lead and train heat treat pyro group
Initiate and lead projects such as furnace improvements, customer requirements including TPG certification, and capital projects.
Help create and maintain process recipes.
Evaluate final heat treat results.
Degree in Metallurgy/Materials or Mechanical Engineering
History of working with atmosphere furnaces (3-5+ years preferred)
Knowledge of carburizing, nitriding, and neutral hardening processes
Ionbond is seeking for (two) direct “hands on” manufacturing Plant Managers to lead the plant effectively in order to maintain Safety, Quality, Compliance, On-time Delivery, employee & customer satisfaction and ensuring the plant meets production goals and standards while managing the center’s costs.
Manage the daily operations of the plant.
Help exceed operational goals.
Affinity to selling or working directly with customers.
Responsible for profit and loss at plant level.
Assist in the investigation and analysis of new business opportunities.
Maximizes staff utilization.
Hire, train and evaluate core teams at the plant level.
Responsible for 5S and Kaizen.
Enforces standards (policies, practices, safety, etc.)
Set and maintain productivity and quality standards.
Ensure Customer excellence and delivery of Quality products.
Administer inventory on a monthly basis.
Ensure maintenance and upkeep of the plant facility is effective and efficient.
Direct and schedule Daily Production meetings and Plant & Safety meetings.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration.
3+ years of management experience in a high-volume, fast-paced production, industrial service or manufacturing environment.
Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills (hourly & salary).
Knowledge of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory & stewardship processes.
Experience in 5S, Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing.
Working knowledge of ISO 9000 business systems and ISO 13485.
Adequate knowledge of P&L, budgets and cost controls.
Ability to travel 10%.
We offer a generous benefits package including but not limited to; medical, dental, consumerism card, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability, PTO, 401(K) w/company match, etc.For more information about Ionbond, please visit our website.
Ionbond are looking for energetic Sales Engineers with a proven sales track record in b2b sales industrial services and in strategic account management and new business development. This individual will manage and expand sales for PVD, CVD and PACVD coating services to existing accounts as well as develop new customers in a variety of industries within the assigned territory:
Position 1: Territory Northeast, NH, ME, CT, MA, VT, NJ, NY, RI
Position 2: Territory Westcoast, OR, CA, WA, NV, ID AZ, UT
• Manage and expand sales for existing customers
• Develop new customers for coating services
• Work with product management and engineering on customer tailored products
• Support tradeshows and conferences
• Provide reports and forecasts to Regional Sales Manager
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
• 3 – 5 years of direct sales experience for industrial services (surface treatment technologies preferred)
• Strategic Sales & Account Management experience
• Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships
• Strong Communication Skills (verbal and writing)
• Excellent negotiation and closing skills
• Strong work ethics, commitment to detail, organization and time management
• Resides in the assigned territory (New England area), preferably in NH
• 50-75% traveling
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis
Ionbond will reward your talent with an annual compensation commensurate with experience, eligible for commission based on sales growth, eligible for company annual performance bonus and a company leased vehicle. In addition, we offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, FSA, short term & long term disability, PTO, 401(K) retirement plan with company match and much more. For more information about Ionbond, please visit our website.
Submit resume to: email@example.com
Process Metallurgist Wanted
Process Metallurgist Wanted. Do you get fired up about heat treating and metals? Advanced Heat Treat Corp. has an opening for a Process Metallurgist for our Monroe facility in Monroe, MI. Our primary services for this location include ion and gas-nitriding for heat treatment, a surface hardening process, for a wide variety of markets. Advanced Heat Treat’s vision is Exceeding Customer Expectations with UltraGlowing Results. With our 35+ years of heat treat experience and 20+ services, we’ve helped solve part problems that have affected the Jaws of Life, military weapons, agricultural equipment, prosthetics, commercial airplanes and MUCH MORE! From the jobs of a small machine shop to a multi-million dollar aerospace project – we find solutions. AHT has four strategically located facilities, 2 in Waterloo, IA, 1 in Monroe, MI and 1 in Cullman, AL. We offer the highest standards of quality-ISO/TS16949 and NADCAP certified. AHT offers its ULTRAGLOW surface treatment process for engineered steel, cast iron, stainless steel and titanium parts. Qualifications include a degree in Metallurgy/Materials Engineering, or related field, as well as experience in a heat treat environment. Position responsibilities include:
• Manage and lead large projects such as new customer onboarding, changes in customer requirements, and new equipment purchases.
• Calculate process variable necessary to achieve specifications by using historical run data and charts, case depth, as well as other appropriate information related to heat treatment.
• Authors process instructions by determining process parameters and techniques required to achieve customer requirements.
• Supervises Laboratory Technicians.
• Willingness to travel between AHT facilities as needed for training and consultation.
• Check out further job responsibility for this position at www.ahtweb.com.
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete company application at www.ahtweb.com (careers).
Outside Sales Representative
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Nature and Scope
Premier Thermal Solutions, LLC (PTS), the parent company of Atmosphere Annealing and NitroSteel, is a private-equity owned, manufacturing company providing metal heat-treating services and related products primarily to the automotive, heavy truck, industrial, energy and agriculture industries.
The company is seeking Outside Sales Representatives (IL and MI) that will develop new business by building relationships with existing customers and canvassing a territory in search of new customers. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of our service offerings and the related markets, have a hunter’s mentality, high-energy, highly organized, motivated, self-starter who can thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
Reports to; Director, Premier Thermal Solutions with dotted line to Plant General Manager
Meet with qualified prospects and customers at least 60 percent of the time.
Maintain high level of industry knowledge and remain up to date on industry trends and issues.
Build relationships with top management, plant, metallurgical, and purchasing personnel at key accounts to perpetuate confidence and trust in the company.
Collaborate with company leadership on new opportunities, pricing strategies and industry trends.
Coordinate the response to RFQ’s by providing all information required to complete the quote to Inside Sales, delivering the quote to the customer and then following up on the quote.
Use data available from ERP system to develop and analyze customer sales trends and budget deviations.
Operate with a sense of urgency and be responsive and proactive to customer or prospective customers
Bachelor’s degree plus at least 5 years of relevant experience, ideally selling industrial products and/or services. A working knowledge of materials science is a plus.
Existing relationships with OEM’s and Tier I suppliers in the automotive, heavy truck, industrial, energy and agriculture industries is preferred.
Comfortable prospecting, qualifying, presenting and closing opportunities in a highly competitive market.
Ability to effectively use multiple channels including internet, cold calls and referrals.
Must be proficient at data analysis and related tools such as Excel or CRM software.
Base salary plus opportunity for substantial commission earnings.
Immediately eligible for healthcare plan (medical, dental and vision)
Accurate Steel Treating in Southgate, CA has a number of open positions including;
Straightener; Straighten customer parts to ensure compliance to specification. A high school diploma or equivalent is required as well as a minimum of 1 year experience in the heat treating industry. Must have a basic knowledge of heat treating and testing.
Quality Assurance Inspector; Inspect customer heat treated parts to ensure compliance to specification. A high school diploma or equivalent is required as well as a minimum of 1 year experience in the heat treating industry along with the ability to obtain and maintain a forklift operator specification. Must have a basic knowledge of heat treating and testing.
Furnace Operator; Prepare parts for heat treatment, load and unload furnaces. A high school diploma or equivalent is required as well as a minimum of 1 year experience in the heat treating industry along with the ability to obtain and maintain a forklift operator specification. Must have a basic knowledge of heat treating and testing.
Performs all aspects of preventative and corrective maintenance on heat treat related systems including, but not limited to: furnaces, quenching equipment, material handling equipment, electrical instruments, and control panels.
Provide instruction and assistance to other technicians as needed.
The heat treat maintenance technician/supervisor must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
Troubleshoot and repair heat treat equipment.
Perform electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
Perform repairs on fork lift equipment, cranes, and hoists.
Troubleshoot and repair pumps, piping, hoses, seals, valves, bearings, and gearboxes.
Sales Rep. Vacuum heat treat company Solar Atmospheres, located in Hermitage, PA is currently seeking a Sales Representative in the Texas and Oklahoma area. Solar is interested in working with a well-experienced Representative that has strong ties, but not limited to, the ever growing Aerospace and Energy markets. A successful candidate would be familiar and experienced in the following areas;
• vacuum heat treating and brazing
• vacuum hardening, annealing, age hardening, stress relieving and other related thermal processing services.
• nickel base alloys
• titanium alloys
• austenitic stainless steels
• PH grade stainless steels
Heat Treating Plant Manager. The Heat Treat Production Manager is responsible for general supervision of all phases of production heat treating including: production, quality, maintenance, receiving and shipping in our Eastern Pennsylvania Facility. Responsibilities also include recruiting, hiring and training personnel and facility/physical plant up-keep among other things. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages, supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in hardening, tempering, annealing, and other Vacuum heat-treating processes to condition metal work pieces and products, applying knowledge of heat-treating processes and properties and structure of materials.
2. Maintain and expand outside customer base for Heat Treating and Brazing services. Build and maintain rapport with key customers.
3. Schedule Furnace cycles according to customer demand.
4. Communicate with Customers regarding contract, technical and delivery requirements.
5. Perform contract review and enter new orders into database to generate shop travelers used in production.
6. Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment. Remove waste and constraints from the production processes to improve efficiencies, enhance productivity and to attain established goals.
7. Ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aware of safety policies to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
8. Work closely with shop foremen and maintenance personnel.
9. Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency, customer requirements and determine areas of improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor of Science in Metallurgy, Metallurgy Engineering or Material Science and Engineering discipline or Equivalent Manufacturing experience required. A minimum of 5 plus years of experience in heat treating.
2. Previous experience/best practices implementing and using continuous improvement tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, etc. to drive improvement.
3. Experience with Aerospace and Nadcap requirements a plus.
4. Previous experience/broad understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies.
5. Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance production and maintenance needs.
6. Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
7. Motivated Self starter and proactive problem solver a must
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Salary Commensurate with Experience. 401k, Paid Vacation & Sick time, Health Benefits. Please send resume’s to; email@example.com.
Metallurgist / Materials Engineer
Kowalski Heat Treating Company – located in Cleveland, Ohio has an immediate opening for a Metallurgist / Materials Engineer. This individual is responsible for management of all areas of metallurgical processing / process technology. Duties include ensuring that every process is optimized and customer metallurgical development requirements are met with minimal supervision to meet established corporate objectives.
Ensures customers’ technical needs are met with minimum turnaround time and high degree of quality working closely with KHT senior staff as needed.
Acts as liaison between KHT and key customers executive/department managers with the development of metallurgical processing / material selection.
Identifies, recommends and implements metallurgical changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and rework, monitor scrap and develop long-term performance data for all customers and process recipes, achieves optimum metallurgical process performance with least amount of overhead.
Responsible for the overall evaluation- implementation- validation and approval of various standards as needed for KHT to achieve its goals and objectives.(e.g., NADCAP, AS-9100 ,CQI-9 etc.)
Required Education and Experience
BS in Metallurgy / Materials Science.
5+ years of experience in a heat treating environment.
Experience developing heat treating parameters, processes and principles is preferred.
Experience working with a multi-shift environment is preferred.
Summary: NY based Aerospace components manufacturer is seeking an experienced Aerospace Heat Treating Engineer/Manager. This is a new position for the company that is starting an in‐house heat treating operation. Qualifications required are a degree in Metallurgy or Material Science and five‐plus years’ experience in heat treating aerospace alloys. Must be proficient in Pyrometry procedures, have a working knowledge of ASM –H‐6875 AMS 2959 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8A, 11 and be able to procure and manage a metallurgical lab using the appropriate ASTM procedures. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Technician Wanted
Service Technician Wanted. McLaughlin Services, LLC’s West Coast Office is in search of Heat Treating Service Technicians. Requirements are as follows:
• Proven field service experience
• Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service heat treat equipment
• English literacy
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Provide excellent customer support during field visits
• Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
• Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
• Produce timely and detailed service reports
• Document processes
• Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
• Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization
• Build positive relationships with customers
Sales Engineers/Representatives Wanted. McLaughlin Services, LLC is in search of experienced Sales Representatives for the following US regions:
McLaughlin Services, LLC is a furnace building company that also specializes in a variety of services that supports the heat treat industry worldwide. Please forward existing line card /resume to email@example.com