You are here:Home/Company Employment Opportunities
Nadcap & CQI-9 Compliance Made Easy
Employment Opportunities Advertising
The cost is $150.00 USD per month for a minimum of two months. Payment can be made by Visa or Check. Opportunities should be in the form of a “Word” document and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org All “Employment Opportunity” ads can include your company logo and will automatically appear both on the website and in the monthly newsletter “The Monty”.
POSITION SUMMARY: There is currently an opening for a senior metallurgist in the RBC Bearings New Product and Process Development Center, located within our Oxford CT headquarters. We are looking for a corporate level, technological leader in metallurgy and materials science who is a hands-on, team player. The person will be expected to act as consultant and metallurgical expert to all divisions of RBC, as necessary, responding to queries about materials, material acceptability, specifications, failure investigations, material performance improvements and material quality issues both internal and with our supplier base. The successful applicant will be expected to take a leadership role in material development as RBC expands its current product offering into new applications with structural and environmental challenges beyond our current knowledgebase and capability. The candidate is required to have excellent inter personal and communication skills, be a team player that is driven to succeed within in a fast paced, challenging, and demanding environment.
• New Product Development: Research and Development of performance enhancing materials and material heat treatments.
• Design: Support RBC engineers on materials selection and evaluation, testing, fabrication, heat treatment, and plating.
• Manufacturing: Support the evaluation of material quality, obtain and maintain NADCAP heat treat accreditation where required, consult and assist with internal/external customer concerns regarding product quality, customer audits and approvals, materials and testing, failure analysis, destructive testing, procedures, evaluation of vendors for heat treating and plating
• Metallurgical Analysis: Improve existing metallurgical laboratory and maintain a list of vendors that can provide services outside of the labs capabilities.
• Manage Corporate Metallurgy Function: Conduct bi-weekly department update meetings, coordinate the projects of two Fellow level metallurgists with more than 80 years combined experience, and oversee a lab. Technician.
• Oxford Heat Treat Department: Technically oversee and support a newly implemented heat treat department within the Oxford, CT, manufacturing facilities.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
• BS/MS/PhD in Metallurgy, or Metallurgical Engineering, or Materials Science
• 10 + years of related experience.
• Expertise in metallurgy, thermal processing, machining, chemical processing, plating, stress relieving, material standards, material processing and potential process changes affecting material performance.
• Keen knowledge of the causes of fatigue and failure of metals, especially — but not limited to – the field of bearings.
• Anticipate travel requirements to various customers, suppliers, and RBC facilities of approximately 25%.
Controls Engineer. About Super Systems Inc.: Super Systems Inc. is a light manufacturing company located in northern Cincinnati, Ohio with 65 employees. We are a leading integrator in the thermal processing industry with a dynamic workplace that includes manufacturing, software development, field service engineers and a robust research and development department. Company website: http://www.supersystems.com
Company address: 7205 Edington Drive, Cincinnati OH 45249
JOIN OUR TEAM! SIGN ON BONUS!! Exciting opportunity with Excellent Benefit Package including 401K match on day one! Super Systems Inc. is a growing industrial automation systems integrator looking for full time Controls Engineer. We are a leading integrator in the metal treating industry with a dynamic workplace that includes manufacturing, software development and field service engineers. Positions for field service/project engineers are currently available in Cincinnati Ohio. We are looking for talented people with a good work ethic, enthusiasm and a customer centric attitude. We offer exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that encompass a variety of technologies. Super Systems Inc. offers a complete package of benefits including Health, Dental, Long Term disability, 401K, paid vacation and holidays.
Project Engineer to design and retrofit control systems and for thermal processing equipment. Our customers are heat treating facilities across the United States. Candidate will be responsible for analyzing customer requirements, designing and commissioning controls and SCADA equipment. FSE will be responsible for PLC programming, instrument configuration and setup, SCADA screen design, customer support, project management and end user training. This job will require 75% travel, but always home on weekends. Knowledge / Studies / Experience:
• PLC programming a must; Allen Bradley a plus
• Ladder logic
• PID control
• SCADA software
• Field wiring
• Control system integration
• Familiarity with industrial atmosphere and vacuum furnaces a plus
Education and Experience:
• Required: 4-year Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering Degree
• Required: 5 years experience
• Ability to travel required, approximately 50-75% U.S. travel. Always home on weekends/holidays
• Company car
• Will pay to relocate to Cincinnati
• Sign-on Bonus!
Mountain Rep, (www.mtnrep.net), a Manufacturer’s Representative Firm, since 1983, is looking to open multiple offices in the United States, concentrating in the Thermal Processing Industry. Searching to mentor younger persons who want to take a stab at sales and/or looking for that retired person who is bored and wants to get back in the industry. Management and Ownership opportunities available. Please call Rosanne Brunello at 216 217-7769 or email her at email@example.com
Item # O351
Plymouth Tube is a privately held manufacturing leader in alloy, carbon, stainless steel tubing and engineered shaped tubing. We are committed to providing extraordinary service and value to our customers. We have 8 mills across the Unites States and have been in business since 1924.
We are currently seeking a Metallurgical Engineer to be our Subject Matter Expert in our furnace operations.
This position will develop the technical deliverables for industrial process systems that will be focused on furnaces. A successful candidate will have strong metallurgical or material science expertise, the desire to get their hands dirty and to work with mill manufacturing teams to develop best standards practice for furnaces.
SME Functions (50-75%)
• Coordinate Capital project development to improve furnace expertise and improvement of process control, simplifying jobs (automation) and expanding technical capabilities.
• Helps to improve and audits standard work for furnace processes.
• Brings thought leadership to the table for ‘next generation’ technologies on furnace processes.
• Ability to understand customer requirements.
• Assist mills in technical capabilities.
• Assist in development of training tools and guides that are universal across all mills.
Additional engineering functions (25-50%)
• Provide engineering support to all tube production and finishing facilities.
• Aide in solving equipment, quality, safety, infrastructure and environmental problems and issues
• Assist with the creation of functional specifications to conform to production and manufacturing requirements.
• Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Communicates and interfaces with all levels of the manufacturing sector to coordinate projects, achieve goals and conform to production requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgical or Material Science Engineering.
• 5 – 10 years of strong industry experience in manufacturing and steel heat treatment; tubing and metals experience a plus.
• Solid understanding of heat treating both carbon and stainless steel alloys.
• Experience with metallurgical lab equipment and procedures.
• Field Work: Ability to perform furnace system accuracy tests (SAT) and temperature uniformity surveys (TUS).
• Solid understanding of NADCAP, CQ-I9 and AMS 2750.
• Experience working with data acquisition systems.
• Experience with industry specification review.
• Background in maintenance, helpful.
• Big picture understanding of machines.
• Design Tools: Experienced with AutoCAD® and Windows Office Suite. Solidworks experience a plus
• Willingness to travel 40% of the time
Plymouth Tube provides a total compensation package including competitive salary, annual incentive, medical, dental, vision, HSA (Health Savings Account), FSA (Flexible Spending Account), short-term & long-term disability, life insurance, vacation, paid holidays, 401K Retirement savings program, education assistance, and wellness programs.
To apply: please click on the link below or go to our careers page at www.plymouth.com and apply to job: Subject Matter Expert – Furnace
Sales Agents Wanted. Hi-Temp Products Corporation; an enduring 25+ year Supplier of high temperature heating elements, furnace hardware, controls and an aftermarket furnace rebuilder within the thermal processing industries is looking to recruit commission based sales agents throughout North America. Please submit queries or line cards to firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 1.800.822.4335 or Hi-Temp Products Corporation. Address: 88 Taylor Street. Danbury, CT 06810, www.hitempproducts.com, email@example.com
Item # O349
Heat Treat Engineer
AAM is a premier, global leader in design, engineering, validation and manufacturing with over 25,000 associates operating at more than 90 facilities in 17 countries.
We’re hiring a Heat Treat Engineer who will be based out of our world headquarters in Detroit, MI. The ideal candidate has:
• A degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Metallurgy Engineering
• A minimum of 5 years experience with heat treat processes and equipment
• Detailed knowledge of carburizing and induction equipment operation and process controls
• Basic knowledge of facilities operations
• The ability to use AutoCAD
• Familiarity with PLC controlled equipment
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
• Planning, designing and writing specifications for the purchase of heat treat furnaces and tooling or retrofitting of equipment
• Troubleshooting and supporting all heat treat processes, including carburizing, induction and other heat treat furnace operations
• Leading new capital projects to implement the inspection, installation and PPAP of heat treat equipment
• Monitoring and assisting the maintenance organization to develop and/or maintain a detailed preventative maintenance program
• Working on new alloy designs and testing new alloy material for material performance improvements
• Traveling: 50% minimum, U.S. and International
We offer competitive wages and employer-paid benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k), annual profit sharing, annual pay rate increases, and much more. For more information or to apply, visit aam.com/join-us/careers. AAM is an equal opportunity employer.
Item # O348
1st. Shift Maintenance Technician / Supervisor
1st. Shift Maintenance Technician / Supervisor. Rockford Heat Treaters is a family owned business, we have been in business for 50 years. We are looking for a person who would like to join our team. We offer health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. We also offer 401K plan with a company match, paid bonus, vacations and holidays. Qualifications: Education: High School diploma or equivalent. 5 years in the heat treating industry. Must be able to interact and work with co-workers, and be a self-starter. Must be able to read blue prints for both electrical and mechanical equipment. Must be able to trouble shoot equipment (PLC and Relay Logic) and make repairs as needed. Must understand the basic operation of Vacuum, Atmosphere, Pusher, Gas Nitride furnaces ect. Good communications skills. Job Duties: Perform general maintenance duties on all building and equipment as needed. Basic machining and welding skills would be a plus, but not required. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and be able to climb, bend and stand for long periods. Work with electrical, pneumatics, water and hydraulic systems as they relate to the heat treating industry. Work independently and with co-workers as required. 40-50 hour work weeks – some weekends as needed. Compensation: We offer competitive wages that will be based off of your knowledge and experience. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Item # O345
Multiple Positions Available
Vesco-McLaughlin located in East Windsor, CT and McLaughlin Services located in Avilla, IN are looking to expand and hire people in the industry with any of the following experience:
• Hot Zone Design
• Vacuum and Atmosphere Furnace Design
• Vacuum and Atmosphere Furnace Service Experience
• Vacuum and Atmosphere Furnace Manufacturing Experience
• Electrical and Controls Experience